Friday, May 6, 2011

Summer Break


Huzzah! It's summer break! I just emailed my final paper to my professor, and now I can officially begin my vacation. Of course, that sounds a lot better than it really is. Grad school really has the power to make you neglect certain things in your life. So now, my poor house needs some serious TLC. I need to do my spring cleaning inside, and get the yard fixed up outside. With all the dang tumbleweeds infesting my yard, the whole place looks like God's little acre. I foresee tons of grueling work in the next few weeks.

And then....

Disneyworld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The best part is that our kids don't even know yet! In the 12 years Larry and I have been together, we've never taken a vacation, not even a honeymoon. So our family has never gone anywhere together. But this year, we decided to change that.

We're going to surprise the kids the day we go. Our plan is to create a treasure map for them that leads them on a hunt through the yard for various clues. Each clue will be something they'll need on their trip like sunglasses, sunscreen, beach towels, etc. These clues will ultimately lead them to the big clue in the house, which we will have strategically set up while they're running around the yard. The last and final clue is a sheet cake that is decorated with Mickey and Minnie surfing on a huge wave of icing beside an icing beach (we'll be going to the beach when we're down there too!). This cake will be accompanied by an envelope containing a letter that reads: PACK YOUR STUFF BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!!!



In the near future is the 4th of July, my birthday. My favorite part of the day, besides the fireworks display, that is, is the infamous water parade in Pueblo West. If you've never been, I pity you. It's a parade, but everyone has one gigantic squirt gun fight! The most awesome part is when the firefighters drive by on their trucks and spray down everyone with their hose. Not one dry soul can be found when it's over! It's much better than a stuffy old parade.

So my summer is going to be jam-packed with pure awesomeness! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment