Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sacred Writing

Imagine that you've just been granted the power to do whatever you want on Thanksgiving, and your family has to obey you. Are there any traditions you would get rid of? Are there any foods you would cross off the menu? Describe what Thanksgiving would be like if you were completely in charge of it.

Honestly, I think my family's Thanksgiving is pretty good the way it is. We don't make any food that everyone secretly hates, and we spend the day playing and watching football on T.V. Some years, we even put up our Christmas tree.

The only thing I would change is the times we gather with my dad's family for Thanksgiving. I would forbid my cousin Melanie from cooking anything! Blech. What God-awful food! She's never heard of salt or spices of any kind. She's married to a chef, which makes her inability all the more puzzling. One year, he made this amazing stuffing with dried cranberries and shredded carrots, and it was OH-MY-GOD good! Paired with his amazingly moist and tender turkey, it was like eating Heaven. I wonder why he hasn't taught her anything about cooking. So that's all I'd change. I'd ban her from the kitchen, and make him take the helm every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment