Monday, October 10, 2011

Sacred Writing

Have you ever participated in a protest? If not, would you?

Sort of. When I was a teenager growing up in Gillette, Wyoming, there was an abortion conference for the Pro-life movement in my hometown, and I attended because I was invited by one of my church friends. I learned a lot at that conference, and I was even quoted in the newspaper!

Then last summer, I went to a Tea Party here in Pueblo at City Hall. As an Independent, I was curious to know if the Tea Party was as villainous as they are portrayed on the news. A lot of people think they are racist, ignorant, and fanatical conservatives. But I was amazed by how many Independents like me were there, as well as Democrats too. And they were there for the same reason I was: because they felt like our government is getting too big for its britches. I honestly don't know how the Tea Party behaves at other rallies, but this one was peaceful, and the speakers advocated a return to the Constitution, specifically they wanted to limit how much power the government has over this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment