Friday, October 14, 2011

Sacred Writing

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen, and why do you think it's so frightening?

I've seen tons of scary movies. Some of them, mostly the slasher movies, are lame. But I think the scariest one I've ever seen is Paranormal Activity. Now, I know a lot of you might be saying that should be considered a lame movie, but hear me out. I came to the conclusion, after listening to others' criticisms of it, that if you've never had anything like that happen to you, it won't be a scary movie. But on the other hand, if you have had anything like that happen to you, that movie will scare the crap out of you. Unfortunately, I fall into the latter camp.

My whole childhood was like that. Not the demon possession part, but the crazy poltergeist activity part. My mom even had a priest come bless our house to combat the disturbances. Life was especially awful for me because it was almost as if the entity, whatever it was, was connected to me. After the priest blessed the house, things got better for a while, but then they started right back up, twice as bad as before. So when I saw Paranormal Activity, it was like a war flashback for me, okay? I couldn't sleep for a week, and I had to have the light on at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment