Thursday, August 18, 2011

Favorite Animated TV Show - Transformers: Armada and Avatar: The Last Airbender

Day 18 - 30 Day TV Challenge

There was a tie for my favorite animated TV show!

Transformers: Armada: I'm not that into anime cartoons, but I'll make an exception for this one because it has my favorite incarnation of Starscream, my all-time favorite Transformer. In other Transformers series, Starscream is Megatron's whiny, cowardly, and ambitious 2nd in Command. It's actually kind of funny how he's my favorite Transformer because I usually hate those kinds of characters...Anyway, in Armada, he's still a Decepticon with a bad temper and a fierce hatred for the Autobots, but he's noble, loyal, courageous, and selfless regardless. This clip shows his last-ditch effort to save everyone from Unicron. And yes, I am an uber-geek!



Avatar: The Last Airbender: I never watched this cartoon until the M. Night movie came out last year. My husband, who was a huge fan before, was so disgusted with the movie that he made me watch the cartoon just to see what a grave injustice was done to it. I fell in love with the cartoon (though I still don't hate the movie, much to Larry's chagrin). I know it's supposed to be a kids' show, but the storytelling was superb. Those guys sure did their research, and fused together several religious and spiritual elements to make one hell of a show. But I still think Zuko and Katara should've wound up together. Yeah, you heard me. I just threw down the gauntlet. Fire and water, baby, fire and water!

No comments:

Post a Comment